150 gallon Tank

Garhan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After

Now I am waiting for plants to grow in.

I also had pulled a 3 gallon pail of crypts all sorts from wendetti greeg,red,brown, spiralis, crispulata to Tiger val. It all went to Dad's Fishroom if anyone is looking for plants.

The rocks will come off after wood has absorbed enough water to stay down.....lol I should have soaked it better last summer.

Garhan

post-36-1101795960

Hey ABwildrose between you and Cloeclose the new arrangement of the wood we worked on in the yard, is much better than what I had planned. I guess it goes to show you a womans touch, better yet 2 women. <_< Thanks to you and Cloeclose for your input, it made a big difference.

Garhan

Heh... you had already done most of the work Garhan... we just tweaked it a little for ya! ;)

It looks great btw... :bow: can't wait to see it once the plants fill in!

NOW - you're just showing off :bow: :bow: . Looking good. :smokey:

Keep the pics coming as you develope the greenery.

OHH - quick question, Garhan; Do you find plants help stabilize the tank's water parameters [ low NO3's, etc.][??]. curious.

Smokey

B)

After some time the whole thing balances out. From Ph, phosphates,N03, N02, Kh,GH and the system becomes very easy to maintain. It is a matter of getting it to that point. Usually after 3-6 months I dont bother testing very often. If I test it is because I have changed something in my standard maintance on the tank. Or I have done something stupid.

Garhan