Rena xp3 issue?

Paul & Lana

Our intake for our xp3 rena filter came off overnight, I put everything back together, primed it and it seemed to be fine.... tonight though I noticed it wasn't pumping as much water as it should be. Doesn't sound any different and everything looks fine...

Any suggestions? What should we be checking for? Any place in Calgary where we can take it to get checked/fixed (fast?).

Thanks!

Lana

I would check for air in the canister or plugged media first. When was the last time it was cleaned? have you ever cleaned out the hoses? Clogging in the media or hoses will cause a reduction in flow.

I had issues with flow after cleaning my XP3 a few weeks ago - that's after several months of use w/o needing to clean it. So, I took it apart, cleand hoses and impeller housing - no change in flow. Finally, I took the sponge out, and it was caked thick! No flow through it, at all!! Guess the plecos were really going after the wood when I was away at Christmas.

Running it dry will not hurt it. You must have some blockage on the water intake some place. It can only pump out what it can take in. Also check to make sure the impeller is not slipping on the shaft. Also clean the impeller housing with a small brush, it is a mag drive impeller.