albino pleco help

Fishnut

I bought 2 albino bn plecos today thinking I was heading home but have been held overnight. They are floating right now but I'm wondering if they will be fine in bag overnight or if we should just release them and hope for the best and catch and bag them again tomorrow. Advise please.

any way to add O2? I'd at the least, put them into a container with 1/3 of the water, the agitate the heck out of the rest to airate it, then add the rest of the water to the container. I don't think I'd add tap water if you can't dechlorinate it right away. Use another container to fill with tapwater and sit it out overnight to age it, stir it vigerously a few times. Or better yet, purchase RO water and use that to add with the plecos if you can. I think they would suffecate in the bag. But if you can airate the bag water, at room temp they should be OK overnight.

Or better yet, purchase RO water and use that to add with the plecos if you can

Good point you can get bottled water atmost convenience stores.

If you have them floating I would presume that they are in an aquarium? If so you could also do a water change from the aquarium.