Filter for Freshwater Nano

Blue Ram

I currently have an aqua clear mini runing on a 2-3 gal. nano tank containing 5 rasbora galaxies. This filter is still creating too much current and I lost one fish to the filter. Anything smaller which would give adequate filtration? Can I decrease the flow on the aquaclear (it is already placed on the reduced flow). I was thinking of putting some filter floss into the intake pipe? Would this slow down the flow? This may be a pain to clean having to get the floss out? Any suggestions?

YOu could add a AC mini sponge onto the intake tube. That would reduce the suction. I use it that way in my fry tnaks and the fry dont' get sucked onto it.

Or you could buy a Elite mini filter . It would be good for a smaller tank as it doesn't have to hard of a flow but works quite well. I've used one for a while in a 3gal with a betta and was quite pleased. Plus they only cost about 12$

Why not just plant it heavily and go with no filter? I've had a 10 gallon going for almost 6 months now with guppies, M. galaxy, and bloodfin tetras (it now contains only the galaxies). Add an airstone for water circulation (I found hot spots and cold spots throughout due to no circulation for the heater), and you're set.

I have a Whisper Second Nature filter that you can turn the flow right off via the valve on the intake tube if you want to.

• 3 weeks later...