Fish help or.. will it work?

dragonfish

*** JUST TESTING THE WATER HERE LOL ***

1st .. mods pls move to right forums as i am not sure if this one is righ thanks..

after reading several posts on A here, i would like to try shrimp in with my Aficans.. will they get eaten?..

i have 1 3-4" red zebra..

2 (pair) black Convict Cichlids + 40-50 fry

1 6" comon pleco

in a 33L

what are the chances.. :eh: and what shrimp are good.. also maybe some Corydoras for food cleanup?? will they eat the fry??

Thanks All

DF

Edited by Nandopsis

I feed Cherry Shrimp to my cichlids. My guess is that you'd need something pretty big to keep w. Convicts.

I wouldn't add shrimp to that tank. I bet they would be eaten as soon as you tossed them in. My rule for adding shrimp to the tank is that if the shrimp will fit in their mouth, the fish will eat it.

If you really want to try, you could always get some cheap ghost shrimp and test it out.

I feed Cherry Shrimp to my cichlids. My guess is that you'd need something pretty big to keep w. Convicts.

thanks for the replys.. it's not a convit only tank.. just now worked out that way L)) the oher fish dont both or get bothered to much unles they come to close to the fry.. ( fry getting bigger every day) L)

looking to trade fry for 1-2 E. Yellows.. med size??

side note.. anyone ever kept fresh water shimp as a food sorce..

i know i can go out to pine lake or sylvn with a sine net and in a hour have a ice cream bucket full??

(well in sring/summer) lol :beer:

Thanks

DF

Edited by dragonfish

side note.. anyone ever kept fresh water shimp as a food sorce..

i know i can go out to pine lake or sylvn with a sine net and in a hour have a ice cream bucket full??

(well in sring/summer) lol :beer:

Thanks

DF

It's appealing, but I'd be concerned about parasites.