Hrps

Sam Chicklets

Well I moved my male in with my female HRP this evening, hopefuly all goes well. So far ther has been some gill flaring some lip locks and some chasing but no damage yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

of course post pictures
Of course I will if he decides to not try killing her.

I read and witness their fighting and she will be able to hold her own or should.

They get really really aggresive. Dont worry.

Now if you start to see bitten fins, scratchs or wounds then i would worry.

Mine lip lock so much there noses look bruised, but then they are fine and happy after.

When I first got them she realy got beat up. half her tail and some other damage.

Definitely by him. After I moved him to another tank she healed up nicely. I moved him instead of her so she would not be stressed even more. He is also about 3 times larger than her.

Edited by Sam Chicklets

Yes I have thought about another male and another female as well but not seen any in my travels.

I will waituntil after the ACE auction to see what I can get there.

Had to move the male out again as she was looking extremely stressed. He keeps behaving like that I might have to put a restraining order on him LOL

Edited by Sam Chicklets

I bought a pair that had spawned in the shop tank. Took them home and they spawned in a day or two. She handled the fry rearing on her own. They laid the eggs in a flowerpot in the bank of the tank so I couldn't get a good look. I only ever saw one or two.

About that time the male gave the female the beating of a lifetime. I seperated them but I left on holidays the next day. When I got back they both had died!

Well I will definitely be looking for another male today as something happened to the tank he was in and whiped out 3 firemouths and him.