More Cories!

gadgetgirl

My bronze cory laid eggs on the 5th, they hatched out on the 7th (I managed to save 18 from snack status) and everyone seems to be doing very well; so well that I got kind of cocky and saved another 20 eggs yesterday. . . I don't know what I think I'm going to do with them besides buy another tank or two to hold them all :lol: but in the meantime, what do you think is a good age for them to go into the recently reno'd 10G? It's got a little Whisper 10 on it, so I'll need to purchase nylons or something to go over the intake because I think they'll be small enough for that to be a hazard for a while yet. (A couple of them have had an interior view of my turkey baster :wacko: )

This is a first for me (and the cory, naturally!) so I'm all happy happy. Woohoo! Good thing it's a digital camera world!

They hatched out into a little container in my 55; I moved them to the 20 because it's got a Rena xp1 and the water is quite clean there. I've been feeding them frozen baby brine shrimp because - that's what I have.

Last night I saw a little escapee in the 55, I wonder how many more are in there. . . All I need to remember is that I started out with six. . .

If anyone has a bit of advice they would like to share I would like to use it!

You can move them all to a 10 gal whenever - many of us do that to grow-out our babies. Put a sponge over the intake of your filter - easiest thing is an AquaClear sponge.

6+ more months of macro photography :shock: I'm going to be really good at it by then! This is great news - I like baby kittens and baby fish equally; I thought the baby fish would grow faster than that and I would have to raise fry constantly to keep the cute quota in the house high enough :D

Aqauclear sponge for the filter intake - aaawww, I just came back from a flying trip to Pisces to replace the heater on the 55 that quit last night. Another trip, then. That's just *awful* news. hehehehe. . .

Thank you!