compatibility

a1foxes

Ok, question is, will these 5-6 in syn. euperuptus eat offspring from electric yellows, red

zebras, blue dolphins or polits? I could use some tank cleaners but I want to be sure they

dont eat fry as well. If not, well, looks like I"ve got about 6 for sale....

It would depend on the size of the fry as they are omnivoris and will eat pretty much anything that fits in their mouth

They will probably eat the fry. If it will fit into their mouths they will eat it.

You could always remove any holding females and raise the fry seperately. If you plan on letting the females spit in the tank you probably won't have too many fry surviving, even without adding a group of synos.

Like Val said, you most likely won't get many fry surviving in the tank even without the cats. And the cats are great at getting into cracks and crevices after fry as well.

Not too sure what kind of 'cleaning' you're hoping to get out of the catfish; in all my tanks the only way to make sure my cats get fed is to either dump a bunch of food in at once, or feed them once the lights have been off for a while. And if you've got food that is already hitting the bottom, you're overfeeding. JMO

Like Val said, you most likely won't get many fry surviving in the tank even without the cats. And the cats are great at getting into cracks and crevices after fry as well.

Not too sure what kind of 'cleaning' you're hoping to get out of the catfish; in all my tanks the only way to make sure my cats get fed is to either dump a bunch of food in at once, or feed them once the lights have been off for a while. And if you've got food that is already hitting the bottom, you're overfeeding. JMO

I ask because I keep corycats in with my guppies, bettas and their fry and they dont eat the offspring.

The BN plecos I keep in some tanks dont bother them either, but I wasnt sure if there is anything I can

keep with cichs that wont eat the young. I hardly have to clean some of my breeding tanks because

of my little 'cleanup' crews being so efficient. I havent tried with these syno's, but it sure as heck cant

hurt to ask right? I've got one electric yellow holding right now, and with any luck I"ll get some released

into the fry tank before they disappear. So, guess I got some big syno's I can get rid of after all.