New member - New Tank

Fishy

Im also running a magnum filter with carbon and sponge, a bio wheel, and a AC 200 with just a sponge. I think I will take the carbon out after the cycle is done and build up a good bio on all 3. When I started this tank over I figured why not start with carbon to take anything that may be in the water out. So far no fish have died or look sick. (knock on wood)

Fishy, sounds like you will have enough media for the bio-bacterial to colonize. :thumbs:

GH= 180 ppm & KH= 140 ppm = Carbonate and Gerneral Hardness Test kit. Both come in the same kit.

Ca = 80 ppm = Calcium Test kit.

Iron=0.0 ppm = Iron Test kit.

All are available in the Master test kit by Hagen; or as individiually test kits.

The Hagen Master Test kit also includes test kits for ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, phosphate, pH low, pH high. BUT_It sells for about $90.00 .... ouch!!

Generally speaking the more important ones are the Nh3, NO2, NO3, and pH test kits. Especiall when setting up/ cycling a new tank. After a tank has matured, [ fully cycled and settled in], the pH and NO3 kits are the main test kits I use.

HTH

Smokey

B)