Pelvicachromis Subocellatus

Sam Chicklets

When I went to feed my fish this morning I noticed my female P. Subocellatus was dressed to the nines in her breeding colors I'll keep you posted on how they do.

psubs003.jpg

psubs004.jpg

I'm so happy :smokey:

My pelv. Pulcher are swimming around today with about 40 fry. Should I move them to a different tank? So far they seem to be protecting them, but there are a number of other tankmates. They are in a 33 with other adult kribs ,petricolas, 7" pleco and 7" syn. longevatis catfish.

Should I move them to a different tank? So far they seem to be protecting them, but there are a number of other tankmates. They are in a 33 with other adult kribs ,petricolas, 7" pleco and 7" syn. longevatis catfish.

Yes you should move them, but keep the parents and fry together for atleast 3 weeks. This way the fry learn parenting skills. If you leave them in your community tank either they will get eaten or you may end with injured or dead fish.

Those kribs you have are nice color . Did you have any of that variety at the auction?

These are P. Subocellatus The ones you are thinking of are P. Pulcher, I did sell some Kribs and juvies (P. Pulcher) at the auction. I purchased the P. Subs at the auction.

Good news!! He's guarding the cave and she is inside and only comes out for a quick bight to eat. So I should havefree swimming fry in a week.

The eggs hatched today, I seen some wigglers in the bottom of there cave.

I just checked on them and they are free swimming!!!!!!! :thumbs: