Neutralizer Cleaner

Blue Ram

I just wanted to pass on two things about this great cleaner. The first is that I mistakenly got some on my wall behind the tank - it stripped the paint right off!!

The second is that I'm horribly allergic to it. I've tried using gloves and within 1 minute of using this cleaner I have a full blown allergy attack. I can't believe it. I guess someone will have to clean my equipment for me!!

It works very well. The things I found was KEEP IT OFF YOUR SKIN. It takes rubbing and not just water to rinse it off and that's your skin as well as the euipment. It does eat away at your skinn and if you happen to have a cut or raw edges by your nails OUCH. The smell of the chemical reaction is the same as if you put deelime or toiletbowl cleaner on it, so a mask may be a good idea too. But it does do it's job of fizzing away all the white/yellowy crusties. Sue

I have had no irritation on my skin with it, but it hurts like hell if you get it in a cut. I have not experienced any issues with semi-gloss latex paint, but it will etch metal given a few minutes. I suspect that Blue Ram's allergic issues probably have to do with the citric or malic acids.