Coralife Aqua gloves

FishBrain

I just picked up a pair of those full arm Coralife Aqua gloves and was wondering if anyone else uses them? I was getting pretty sick of pulling my hand out of the water with the latex glove on and having it full of water. It kind of defeated the purpose.

I used them the moment I got home as I am trying to take this 33G down that I have and fill the 90 with LR so I can decide if I really need to buy base rock.

If you haven't used them, they seem to work pretty good as they go to my armpit and keep me completely dry. The glove is of a thicker material and allows me to grab any rock/coral without worrying about recent cuts on my hand.

If you HAVE used them I am curious on your thoughts.

The only downfall I have found is the lack of feeling when I use them. So I just make sure that I dont crush anything.

I cannot imagine spending that much on those :cry:

So I buy these from Lee Valley

7261 11th Street S.E. (403) 253-2066

Off Heritage Dr., one block

east of Costco

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?...,33246&ap=1

Can buy alot of pairs for the money you would spend on the Coralife :D

I have a pair of the coralife gloves. I, too, find that there isn't much sensitivity in the fingers. If I'm handling rock, I wear them. But if I'm adding livestock or something (feather dusters, etc), I use my bare hands. I always worry that I'll hurt them without realizing it.

My hands are very dry a lot of the time, so putting my hands in the tank can sting a little bit without gloves. I'm glad I have the coralifes. But the Lee valley gloves look like an interesting alternative! They don't look as long, though... in a tall tank, could you stretch right down to the bottom and not get wet?

ps... my sister always says that I look like I'm about to assist in a calving with them on... :rolleyes:

I used these a number of years back after I contracted Mycobacterium marinum (Fish TB) from one of my aquariums (trust me this is not something anyone wants to go through). They worked well in terms of protection, but after a while I got tired of the lack of ability to manipulate anything delicate like plants in my FW tanks or more fragile objects in my SW tanks so I went back to bare hands (which is what I still use . . . you'd think I would have learned!)

DJay

Those gloves look pretty good at lee valley, but the Coralife ones cost me $25 last night. I wasn't going to buy them but the price was good.

I lucked out tho when getting them. I went to bow valley and they are in the middle of a move and the woman took a look for me and we found them sooooo I had to buy them.

I figure I will only use them for rock and changing things around in the tank, not for hadling most coral as again I dont want to hurt them with the lack of sensitivity.

How sensitive are the ones from home depot or lee valley?