Cleaning tank after turtles

snaggle

I guess I'm confused so vinegar does not neutralize bleach and bleach by itself does not do an adequate job of killing bacteria?

I guess I'm confused so vinegar does not neutralize bleach and bleach by itself does not do an adequate job of killing bacteria?

You need to go back over the posts in this topic and reread them. Bleach kills bacteria. you brought up vinegar for what ever reason. Vinegar is a mild acid it does not dechlorinate water.After you clean the tank with bleach which is a chlorine solution rinse the tank out with clean water and dechlorinater. Do you understand now????

Vinegar can be used to help remove the crusty white stuff off your tank that the water leaves. It is used to neutalize over cleaner, but NO do not use oven cleaner on your tanks. IMO the best use of vinegar is in making sweet'n'sour sauce for your spare ribs. :D

All I suggested to Brad was if used bleach to clean his tank to neutralize the bleach with vinegar afterwards(vinegar neutralizes bleach and it's probably cheaper than declor)

The vinegar will not remove the bleach that is what the prime I will add to the tank then I will empty the tank, refill and set up. adding a cap full of prime to get rid of the bleach will be not cost that much.

Brad

Well when I remove brine shrimp eggshells with bleach I neutralize them with vinegar afterwards and because of this thread I googled neutralizing bleach-and vinegar came up as one of the ways