Silly story

I was very upset. My cherry shrimp had vanished.

:cry:

No little bodies to mark a ammonia/nitrate spike.

Nothing. :eh:

I happened to mention this to Jvision.

In all of his wisdom he says "Look in the filter" :guns:

There they were! Alive and well. :w00t:

Probably a common and ordinary thing for the experienced folks, but it was a miracle to this newb.

It made my day!

Thank you Jvision!

Glad you found them and that they were alive.

I gave my mom a large amano shrimp for her betta tank in her classroom and one day she couldn't find the shrimp. I told her he might have climbed out and to keep an eye out for the body. Well on friday they were all cleaning the classroom and one kid swept under the shelf and found the poor shrimp :( It had managed to crawl across the floor to the bookshelf 10feet away.

I remember finding fry from my livebearers in the filters all the time I guess it was a good safe place to hide. I always had to dump the filters into a container first to make sure they did not have anything in them LOL

That's too bad about the amno shrimp. I am sure glad I have a cover on the tank and the filter!

Also all of my shrimp have fully coloured up. I have 3 boys and 4 girls (roughly) Almost all of the girls are pregnant!

Shrimp are harder to keep contained than fish! I lost one ghost shrimp on day one, I'm almost certain he must have climbed out through one of the small openings on my main tank. Then I found one of my ones in my betta tank between the tank and the lid... dead, unfortunately. I have NO idea how he jammed himself in there in the first place. Then the other one in that tank died. Not sure why... no issues with water quality. I'm not sure if I want to continue with shrimp or not, at this rate. LOL

I'm glad you found yours in your filter. I'll keep that in mind when I'm trying to figure out where my next one is. :P

They did it again! I found a tiny shrimp body in the tank. (I think it was my largest livebearer fry) So I investigated why the shrimp may have died. One of the first things I look at is the filtration, is it clogged etc? When I was rooting around in there I found 7 cherry shrimp.

How did they do it? I have the intake blocked off so they cannot crawl up there. :unsure: