Cyclying Tank with fish

Fishy

yes, I think I will put another sponge in my AC, then rotate the sponges as you said.

Day 14

Amnonia - 0 Nitrite - 1.5 Nitrate - between 20-30ppm (I hate this Hagen test kit....lol) :cuss: Ph - 7.8

The two water changes I did last week seem to have lowered my Nitrates a little as well as keep my Nitrites down to an acceptable level. Only feeding the fish once a day, no more than they can eat in 30-45 sec.

So far my fish still look healthy and very active. I think one of the females might be carrying eggs as well :boxed:

Day 20

Amnonia - 0

Nitrite - 1.0

Nitrate - 3.0 (using a new test kit from Aquarium Pharm.)

Ph - 7.6

Looks like the tank is almost cyclyed. All the Tiger barbs still look healthy, have not lost one. My Tigers will be going into a new 10g I bought for now so that my africans can have their new home :P

Still looking for a good buy on a 20g and a 30g tank.

Well its between 0-5 ppm. So I guessed it to be close to around 1-2 ppm. Im using the AP Nitrate test kit. Its lower probally because my water is pretty clean. I did a water change 3 days ago to lower the No2 and I have 3 filters running on this 55g tank.

Not sure exactly what I will be putting in yet, Im doing some research on some compatible mbunas. Probally 3 species with very different colors on each, with 1-2 males and 3-4 females per group. I still want to change out my gravel and switch to sand so I might wait until I do that first. I'll leave some gravel in while changing so as not to screw up the bio too much with the switch.

I'll be setting up a 30g hopefully next week. This will be the new home for the tiger barbs. I also have a 10g set up and running for my quarantine tank. And yes another 30g tank is coming in a couple of weeks as well. So lots of stocking to do in the near future :)