Amano Shrimp

jvision

Well, yesterday my wife was good enough to stop by Nature's Corner and clean them out of Amano's for me. :)

I have a dozen in thier own 15 gal and a big chunk of hair algae. We'll see how it all works out. They need salt to do their deeds; but, I'm going to let them get used to their new home for a few weeks before I start tinkering w. the salinity.

Will keep you all posted.

Wow! Keep us posted for sure. I was just reading an article on shrimp last night and breeding methods for the different kinds. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you. :)

No Sue... a Vendor Review would state something about the quality of what you got, or similar... Jason simply said they came from there; not how they are doing, what he paid, how the store looked, etc ... so I'm clearing this post of any VR content.

And Jason, I have had Amanos who were in berry for what seemed like forever (they will hold those eggs for well over a month, it seems and I never saw mine develop)... did some reading on it but never tried to take it to the next level as you've apparently got one helluva challenge, there... good luck to you!

I did some reading a few years back, when I got my 1st Amano shrimp. The article I read mentioned alternating between pickling and table salt w. WCs. I'll have to refresh, as I haven't really read anything about breeding them for a while; but, it shouldn't be too hard to get a handle on it.

Great article(s)... it looks like a bit more effort than I read a few years ago, but still not very hard at all. :)

Amano's cometh!!

I will be looking forward to when you succeed.