My friend got it back

I have a friend who bought a used aquarium in the eighties and sold it to a friend afew years later. Well this tank changed hands a number of times in the past 20 years. It finaly went full circle and is now back in his posession. It is a 20" tall 24" wide 60" long 125 gallon tank.

rickstank1.jpg

This is the label on it.

label.jpg

I'll be helping him reseal it and set it up.

... don't let christian see it...

That's why I posted it. -roll-

I used to have about 10 of them between 10 and 30 gallons. When I got out of the hobby years ago I donated them all to the Elementary school. I went to the parent teacher interviews for my 7 year old son a while ago and saw some of them still there and in use. I thought that was kind of cool.

No, it was Fort Saskatchewan Elementary.

I think it was around 1995 or 1996, when I gave them to the school. They had been sitting in the shed for a couple of years before that.

... don't let christian see it...

That's why I posted it. -roll-

Har, har...

I actually have a metal-frame 100, and I know where I can get a 125 cheap...and although they are cool, one is plenty, I think. That "John's Tropicals" label is enviable, though....very cool bit of local history, that is.

My friend would like to know if you know an approximate age of this tank, and anything about Johns Tropicals. Would this tank have had a slate bottom originally?