One more tank syndrome

NatureNut

I'm all excited! Picked up the 16g bowfront today (Thanks Ron! :D), and got some filters, sand and rocks too. VERY happy with my purchases. Tomorrow I will be cleaning out the tanks/substrate and getting the tanks cycling. I have a new 10 gallon as well that I'm starting up for shrimp. I'm hoping it will be an easier process to cycle them this time since I have plenty of filter material from my 33g to share around. I purposely wadded a heap of floss in my AC to get it prepped for seeding the new tanks. :)

Yay Yay Yay! More tanks! MORE MORE MORE! :thumbs:

I have to cherish this moment. I've sworn on my life that I won't consider getting another tank, or a bigger tank, or anything to do with tanks for a LOOOOOOONNNNGGG time. Silly husband. ;)

Oops! I was so excited I forgot to ask my questions to do with this! LOL

In the 16g I'm going to have a sand substrate and plants. The betta will move from his 2g to this home, but I need some ideas about other inhabitants. I'd thought about a school of neons, but I know they can be sensitive and we have VERY hard water here. I LOVE corys... maybe a school of them? Should I put something else in too or just corys and the betta and maybe one of the dwarf puffers I'm getting?

In the 10g I'm planning to focus mostly on breeding Cherry shrimp, but has anyone had luck with adding a couple fish as well, or is it best to leave them on their own?

Looking forward to people's ideas. I love starting up new tanks. Maybe hubby won't notice if I just sneak them in one at a time... or I say they're breeding faster than my swordtails! :D

I currently have a 150, 33, 20, and 15 with fish in them. I also have a 165, 75, 55, 38, 30, 2 20s, 10, 3 5s, and a 2.5 that I need to set up. I am tanking it one tank at a time right now since they cost so much to set up when all you have is the tank and I have to go to Edmonton to get any fish stuff.

Brad

I've had the mts twice now the first time was in the late eighties. I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 27 tanks running in my basement then. I'm nearing that number now. There is 3 in my livingroom and 20 in my fishroom. :rolleyes:

I havn't really had any money to have this yet, but I did end up buying a 15 gallon one month and a 52 gallon a month later :| Which made a hefty dent in my wallet, I can only imagine what's going to happen when I have a steady job going on..Maybe I will take some courses " your money, your fish - and you" lmao

Oops! I was so excited I forgot to ask my questions to do with this! LOL

In the 16g I'm going to have a sand substrate and plants. The betta will move from his 2g to this home, but I need some ideas about other inhabitants. I'd thought about a school of neons, but I know they can be sensitive and we have VERY hard water here. I LOVE corys... maybe a school of them? Should I put something else in too or just corys and the betta and maybe one of the dwarf puffers I'm getting?

In the 10g I'm planning to focus mostly on breeding Cherry shrimp, but has anyone had luck with adding a couple fish as well, or is it best to leave them on their own?

Looking forward to people's ideas. I love starting up new tanks. Maybe hubby won't notice if I just sneak them in one at a time... or I say they're breeding faster than my swordtails! :D

I have a 15 gallon hex that's set up as a peaceful community tank. The inhabitants include 2 female rosie barbs, 1 male rosie barb, a male sailfin molly, 7 harlequin rasbora, 5 cardinal tetras, a female ram (adopted) and an 'aglae eater'. It's a crazy little mix and some will eventually have to come out of there once they get bigger (e.g., molly and barbs) but they're fun to watch now. We had a male flame dwarf gourami in there not too long ago (but he suddenly passed away ... RIP Kipper). Anyway the point of mentioning that was he got along with all of the other fish (note: he never met the molly) so a male betta would likely be compatible with that mix. Anyway that's just an example of a small community tank to trigger your imagination. Have fun.

Cheers