Something in the water?

DCallele

So, last Friday my Paretroplus maculatus spawned and I got practically no sleep all weekend - every 2 to 4 hours searching the eggs for fungus, changing water, treating water, etc...

Today, I got home quite late from work and my Paratilapia polleni (small spot), from the same tank, had spawned elsewhere in the tank.

Makes me wonder if the good ole City of Saskatoon hasn't added something to the water lately! :rolleyes:

Froggie and Ellie were kind enough to come over and help me rescue the eggs, thanks guys!!!

Well, no sleep for another weekend, I guess.

Here they are. The first person to guess the exact count for the eggs wins 10 (heck, why not 100?) fry!

David

p.s. Please don't fill my inbox with guesses, I'm certainly not going to count them to determine a winner :smokey:

post-208-1175317435_thumb.jpg

Edited by DCallele

Judging from the amount of breeding going on in our tanks, spring must have sprung.

Congrats to all the new parents. Rubbermaid, remember that name for the day you run out of fry tanks.

Brad

[/

:wacko: -roll- -roll- -roll- :wacko:

Yes, I've been trying to figure out what I could do with 100s of juvies as they grow out... I guess they are right when they say be careful what you wish for!

David

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if you still had some fry left??? I will be in Calgary for 2 week starting July 5. Do you know anyone in that area that may keep these fish??? I know many people in the Toronto area are looking for these types of Cichlids if you are willing to ship.

Edited by Canadiancray