Beautiful

FishBrain

So this is my beautiful BBT. (Big Broken Tank) :(

It took me a few days to get over the shock. Then I finally had my day of being mad as Hell. Happened to be Sunday when I went to pee and came back to a tank overflowing! I was already upset and that was the spark on my Gasoline!

So after I got everything cleaned up. No damage, just wet carpet. (basement tank :bow: ) Finished off my tank cleanings and had a beer.

The tank was a pain to get in and ofcourse the crack got bigger and badder. I had to take the stand apart and get it in through the back door. Got it wedged in the front door and had to call the neighbour to get it back out. Who would have thought...I live on the only street in this country that has 31.5" front and back doors?? :wacko:

Any way here it is

PICT1785.jpg

PICT1784.jpg

PICT1786.jpg

Edited by FishBrain

What the heck... the weir fell out of place?

Nevermind... I see the crack in the bottom. Nasty. Makes me nervous... I have the same type of tank!

EDIT:

Looked it up, pretty sure I have an All-Glass Aquarium. Not the same thing. *deep breath* Sorry to hear about your tank.

Edited by Osprey

OH HOW I WISH!!

Here is what the crack is like now.

I believe we touched the wrong part of the door on the way in. Problem was with the thin doors we had to turn it on its front.

The brown stand hides it a bit.

PICT1787.jpg

Edited by FishBrain

This looks like an AquaGiant tank, is it? If so, I am not surprised that the glass has cracked so easily. I've heard of several of those AG corner tanks blowing out in the Edmonton area. Not to mention the AG 400 gallon saltwater tank at the Golden Rice Bowl which poured its contents into the lunch crowd not too long ago. I'd keep an eye on it for sure.

I know it sure looks like one but I bought it from friends who had it brought in from China.

It all came as a package. I have called AG to find out how much a new one is, so I can compare it to the price of repairing it.