Our new Puppy, Ogami

Froggie

That is very exciting, good luck with her.

I have an eskimo cross that has a very similar temperment to a Shiba Inu, I love him, but be prepared for a fun time training.

They are very smart when it comes to doing things for their benefit such as crate training, but good luck with recall when they get a scent of another animal.

If you figure out the secret, let me know. In the mean time enjoy your new family member.

Kevin

King Mitsukuni Welcomes you!

3851023481_864B544BA80D2E358DFBFDDDCD6EC820.jpg

Get ready for your life to change for the better, as long as you know who's boss! :thumbs:

They are great dogs! Mitsu (that's where my screen name comes from) is 2 years old, and we love him more each day. As long as you can get your head around the fact that they are not reliable off-leash, you will have many years of great fun with him. Very unique personalities as dogs go - some friends of ours have said ours is more like a cat than a dog, when he's sitting there grooming himself... they are very energetic, but are content to hang out too, durable in temperature extremes, relatively free of major health maladies, and cute as a button.

If you ever want to talk Shibas, drop me a line!

Phil (and King Mitsukuni, sitting on his throne, nearby)

That's one of the cutest looking dogs I've seen in my life. It's the type of dog you want to break into a house, walk by the fish tank and steal the dog hahaha. Very cool.

I think you will soon find that this breed is one of the most photogenic breeds out there. Gorgeous dogs when adult (like Mitsukuni has shown us) and very cute as puupies as you have seen (but then, what puppies aren't cute?!?!?)

What does Ogami mean in Japanese?

Good luck with training!

:thumbs: