building a volcano....

Paul & Lana

Hi list,

I'm building a big volcano to house an aerator in the middle of our 90g tank.got the lava rock...now what can i use to hold it all together..

we triedc this before, with aquarium sealant...but the stuff took forever to dry enough to hold rocks in place...is there anything else fish safe that will dry quickly or at least have a high initial tack...

all the rock goes around a pvc pipe pieve that houses the aerator....any alternate ideas for attaching the rock are much appreciated as well.....

Thanks

Paul & Lana

Edited by Paul & Lana

I've heard of reefers using Crazy Glue to glue frags to rock, while in the tank!

Correct neither will hurt the fish. I have used crazy glue many times. IF you use the crazy glue make sure to use the GEL type. Liquid will not work very well. I keep mine in the fridge to keep it as solid as possible and it works great.

Correct neither will hurt the fish. I have used crazy glue many times. IF you use the crazy glue make sure to use the GEL type. Liquid will not work very well. I keep mine in the fridge to keep it as solid as possible and it works great.

perfect, this will make building the volcano a lot easier.......

Best place to find an assortment of crazy glue is local radio control hobby shops. It's called CA and you can get a variety of viscosities and large volumes. I find it most economical. One of my other addictions is R/C planes.

Brad