Lids

Raven

What materials would be best to use? Ive brought this up before, i beleive but i cant find the thread. I remember something being said about somethings that warp because of the heat and mositure. Were would you get the stuff anyway? I'm looking to make something for my 30, it still has no lid or lights. Evaporation is a pain the the @$$ with that tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick, fast, but don't need to support lights?

Buy some light diffuser from Home Depot. A sheet will cost about $7. It's the stuff that covers fluorescent light fixtures in school ceilings.

To make it stronger, cut some strips from a metal coat hanger, and silicone them onto it on one side and let dry. This will make it less flexible, and easier to take on and off. Attach anything you can get a grip on with silicone, and you have a very cheap cover.

Unfortunately...this does not hold lights up, and will warp unless you use fluorescent lights, just in case you find a way to put lights above it.

Great for fry and juvie tanks that you don't light.

Dunl

My vote is for eggcrate with a plastic cover (IE lexan or whatever you can find cheap) Doesn't need to be the expensive 3/16" etc acrylic - since the eggcrate supports the cover.

Josh used the eggcrate covered by regular lighting diffuser - seemed to work very well.

Andy