Barracks

AndyL

Ok, so I'll probably get some flames for this... But we now have 3 betta vases on the coffee table. It's getting hard to find room to put my feet up :)

One I'm going to move to a different location, that leaves the other two monsters (big 1.5g vases, 2 huge peace lilies). Was looking for a betta barracks like system today - but I must say the options out there are pretty pathetic - I don't think any of them would have held as much water as one of the vases we currently use + they figure 2 bettas can live in em... :chair:

Anyone seen something decent looking to house a pair of males side by side holds a decent volume of water and isn't godawful looking (like my second plan of dividing a 2.5g)?

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to petland, that have "betta barracks" what Suction cup to the inside of one of your aquariums. When I had my crown tails I used one of these for the longest time. Work great, and gave a decent amount of room and the water quality therefore was never a problem. Maybe check them out? Can't remember the price though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the perfect solution.

I built a 17 gallon barracks system for my bettas. Its a 28" long x 12" wide x 12" tall tank with light and cover, and I made 5 clear acrylic dividers that can seperate the tank into 2 to 6 compartments.

The filtration system is designed specifically for bettas and will circulate the heated water with a minimum of tubing. The tank looks really good and gives each betta ample space to move around. Also, the dividers are cut to fit the hood, so there is no 'jumping' space for them to get at each other.

I am selling this tank system right now. Send me a PM or Email if your interested.

Well, I decided to go whole hog... Got the acrylic and the design set for a 4'x8" barracks system - just need to get myself a bottle of weldon 4 then I'll throw it together and let chums test it for me (don't quite have enough bettas to fill it - they do).

Andy

Yep, pretty much the plan for my barracks system, going to create some 4x6x6 compartments, each will have a single slot to overflow back into a common sump. Using a small 50gph powerhead - which will feed pretty much an air manifold - small drip valves to dribble some water into each barrack - excess will be dumped back into the sump.

Wont fit on the coffee table - but it'll suit my later needs.

Andy