help identify

geoff

i'm not quite sure what he is. it has been colouring up more since moved to something other than display tank. my guess is maybe bi-colour 500 but just guess. i remember it being some typr of stuartgranti.

If you don't know what exactly you bought it as and don't plan on breeding, I'd just call it a blue peacock. Until it's fully coloured, I don't think anyone can give a more definite ID. I wouldn't think bicolor 500 b/c he's got too much blue behind his pelvic fins to be a bicolour.

I agree with Kyle, at this point there's no telling what it is, but it's definitely a male.

Many of the haps & peacocks will show barring when they are still maturing, and/or when they are

breeding or showing aggression to other tank mates.

I do know it's a male and the picture doesn't do him justice. I know he needs to mature to be sure but i didn't really think he was a bi color. also the barring is never very noticble until i use the flash. more blue where barring is.

it was jast sold as a stuartgranti. i'll check cichlid forum tonight

Edited by geoff

• 2 weeks later...