A Rubecens fry

Fishy

I feed my fry exactly how Val described, using a pipette that I removed from a 'new' test kit. I leave my filters running, and the food gets swept down directly to the fry/juvies. After a week or so of this, the fish swim right up to the mouth of the pipette & are waiting to be fed. Very little food gets wasted, and like Val mentioned, the water stays cleaner, for longer periods.

thanks for the advice. So I could put some fry bites into a new test tube from a test kit and submerge into the tank? How does that exactly work? I thought of hatching the brine shrimp but I only have 4 fry in this tank.

Also, what are the ideal conditions for this type of fish for breeding if I want them to breed again? Right now my water temp is 78 F , with caves, gravel for my substrate, ph 78 , and im feeding them Hikari cichlid pellets and flake.

Just add a bit of water with the food into a small cup or whatever, then suck up the mix into the pipette, then shoot the mix down to the fry.

As far as breeding the adults, sounds to me like they have that part already figured out. ;)