Fish Food Recalls

RD.

i thought the fish food recall was only in the food they use in fish farms. Is aquarium fish food being recalled too?

No S*** Sherlock:

We had to euthanize out 14 year old Siamese spay female about 6 weeks ago. The food she innocently ate caused chronic renal failure. Some pissed to say the very least.

Boycott sounds about perfect to me.

Thanks Neil for the headsup. No effect on me as I am feedin fresh vegies, frozen blood worms and NLS.

Vic

Edited by vic

Raven - see the links in the original post in this discussion.

Here's the readers digest version of what took place .....

Tembec Inc, a Canadian company based in Montreal has a subsiduary in the USA (Tembec BTLSR) that was manufacturing fish food binding agents (Aquabond and Aquatec 2), for another US based company called Uniscope. Uniscope also uses ingredients supplied by Tembec to make their own feed binding agent, called Xtra-Bond, and these binding agents are all used in fish & shrimp food, as well as feed designed for cattle, sheep, and goats.

Last month while Uniscope was doing some in house testing they discovered that the product sold to them by Tembec, contained melamine, and they immediately contacted the FDA.

After that the FDA simply followed the paper trail & contacted any & all suppliers and/or manufacturers that had purchased any of these products from Tembec, or Uniscope.

The FDA also stated that the binding agent products made by Tembec and Uniscope reportedly also contain a urea formaldehyde resin-type ingredient. The FDA is investigating this use of the urea formaldehyde resin-type ingredient in the Tembec and Uniscope products, and have stated they will take appropriate regulatory action if warranted.

HTH