Some sort of disease is killing my fish!

Ehren

I started treating the water, because one of my rainbows looked like a small patch of scales was falling off. Within one day it spread to three other fish, and now two are dead, and one will be by morning. It looks like a fungus or white "cotton" coupled with scales flaking off, and it is making their fins fall off and flake away. I moved them to a sick tank, but I don't know if that will stop the spread of the disease in my 55gal. EMERGENCY!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I have pictures but they are too large to upload. PANIC!!!

Edited by Ehren

Upload your pics to photobucket or resize them. That way we can have a better idea of what is going on.

Any info about the tank? water parameters? Stocking levels? Water change schedual? What medication were you using to treat it?Have you added any new fish or other stuff to the tank lately? Any other changes?

It kind of sounds like a water quality problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry my net has been down for a few days. But the problem seems to have ended after water changes and medication. I never had many plants in the tank before, that is pretty much the only difference that had taken place in the tank. Plus my water changes haddn't been as frequent as they used to be because of the re-arranging of their room. The problem seemed to go away though. But i'll keep and eye on it. I am usuing primafix and malifix, and water changes. It was in my 55 gal community tank. It is just below it's capasity level, and unfortunatly I am color blind so I cannot test the water. :( But thanks for the help and concern!