Transporting fish

I am currently on another board where there is one thread for transporting "stock" from one location to another. Basically, (if willing) you post stating that you are "going from A to B at (insert time) on (insert date), and I have xxxxx amount of room for cargo. PM me for details and I may be able to arrange transport for you..."

The best part is that the admin cleans it up and deletes anything in the thread after the date is due so it is always refreshed. The only thing left is a post at the top telling how it works.

Great way for everyone to cut down on shipping costs. On the other board, they chip in gas money for anyone going back and forth, but in my opinion, I would rather we don't do this little part of it. I feel that if you are going somewhere anyway then you would be paying the gas regardless of whether you are doing someone a favour or not. Also for me, if I am paying the gas for this, I would rather just make the trip myself to look at fish.

All in all, it can be a great way for us to make this province a little smaller.

Malawi_luver, this one's for you..... B)

Why try to make a couple of bucks off a fellow Aquarist if your driving anyways.

Exactly. You can bet that if fatpuffer starts an African tank, that he will be welcome to some of my stock in return for being kind enough to offer to bring some fish back from Chums Boxing week sale for me.

Dunl :)