I'm so excited

Sam Chicklets

This is the first day I haven't had to work since the long weekend in May, so I thought I would get busy and do some work on my semi neglected tanks. It is also the first time my youngest daughter has spent the night since January. I went down to the fish room to feed the fish and lo and behold the tank I had her blushing angels in, the ones from the Nov. auction I bought her for her birthday also had about 50 free swimming fry :thumbs: :thumbs: . I have tried everything except a bit of neglect to have a succesful spawn with these guys. I figured this spawn would be the same old story as they had laid them on the heater, but put some slate and anubius in there tank any way. So when the eggs were gone it was no surprise as they always ate them. I had actually given up on trying to breed them. So the parents are out and I will keep you updated on the fry.

I think they moved them to the anubius, and actualy looked after them. I think that snails might have been eating there eggs as well the tank they were in had rams horn snails in it so I moved them to an empty tank.

How are the angel babies doing Nick?

I lost my Angel yesterday... had him for the last three years... not sure what happened! All I know is that it upset me, I actually became mad when I noticed...was one of my favorites...I am starting to think that my loaches are becoming disruptive in that tank and may be the problem...

So far so good I may have lost sme but it looks like there are still lots of them.

• 2 weeks later...

There are still at least a dozen left and they are growing well.

How long did you have them before they started spawing?

I don't remember exactly, but atleast a month.

• 2 weeks later...

The first ones are starting to look like little tiny angels now. It's kind of cool watching them develop. The second batch has about 30 or 40 that are over a week old now.

I'll try to get some but they are reallybhard to see.

3 weeks old

fry1a.jpg

1 week old

fry5a.jpg

More of the fry

fry5b.jpg