Thinking about Ordering HM Betta's

BlackMumba

Okay, I am not sure if I can do this here, but I am thinking about ordering some bettas from Tailand. Wondering if anyone was interested as well... I have never ordered fish online before, new to this game... anyways if someone is interested PM me! :thumbs:

I would order from deemarks but the site has no stock until spring... they haven't updated that for awhile its now summer? I was also speaking with someone who said she e-mailed them but nobody got back to them for months... :0} I haven't personally tried..

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I have recieved them today, they are here with me at the office, they look amazing... They got shipped in from Thailand stayed a week in US and arrived here there was some confusion about delivery but they are fine, would I order again... YES although shipping is expensive, no worse then coming from the states really... 50 for a pair, additional 7 per fish... not to bad really... from Ont its 39 for the box.. so yep there is a difference but not to bad considering where they are coming from...

Anyways, if anyone is every interested in ordering from there, pm me first I might want so more mwhahaha! Thanks for viewing!

hi snaggle, yep...

I received these fish from the most respected Thailand breeder of bettas world wide.. so you are getting quality fish....

You can visit.. www.atisonbetta.com

He has a large selection... reasonible priced... aquabid you can pay 20 to 35 per HM betta

Just wondering how does one go about training a Betta to fight---When I see people buying Bettas for fighting they stare at them for long periods and occasionally tap the cup.I have no idea what they're looking for

I received these fish from the most respected Thailand breeder of bettas world wide..

You can visit.. www.atisonbetta.com

One of the world's top betta fighters and trainers, too.

Apparently he does sell Plakats for this reason, but thats how the world got introduced to Bettas its unfortunate but a practice that Thailand has been doing for a very long time, and they don't fight to the death.. the losing fish goes into retirement to reproduce more fighters.

He doesn't breed fancy bettas for fighting them, as they aren't good for the those purposes... its mostly North Americans and Europeans that enjoy the show bettas.

He states on the web site he does not fight them, he raises them.. he is a big advocate of saving the betta species that are indangered and trying to educated the puplic about the wild species in danger...

He is also a judge for IBC shows and travels the world doing education on the betta. The Mahachi is in serious danger and he is trying to get this species protected in his home country but its a different culture then our own some things are more of a priority then other things...

If you would like to read about this species here is a link:

http://www.siamsbestbettas.com/articles.html

I would love to get a pair, and try to breed them as well, but I am still struggling with my PH and breeding them.... but I am very interested in trying to get them... :) once sucessful with HM's ...

Edited by BlackMumba