Dinner is Served

Michael Roth

Gee, at a buck a piece I know where my next meal in Calgary is coming from. Now if I can only find a way to cook them up in the Jeep while I drive between fish stores.....

Gee, at a buck a piece I know where my next meal in Calgary is coming from. Now if I can only find a way to cook them up in the Jeep while I drive between fish stores.....

Ok better ask... Is this the dark (black maybe?) Jeep cherokee (built up) on 33s or 35s that I keep finding in front of me when I do the loop from big als to golds to pisces?

Andy

No worse than any store bought feeder

.. my point exactly.

A good way to introduce disease into an otherwise healthy aqaurium. I understand some people buy fish at the LFS & simply float them for a small period & then release them to join their new tank mates in their 'show' tank, but IMO it's a disaster waiting to happen. Having read a few hundred posts by people who have done just that, then shortly after lost the better part of the fish in their 'show' tank (or all of them), I don't recommend this to anyone.

No worse than any store bought feeder

.. my point exactly.

A good way to introduce disease into an otherwise healthy aqaurium. I understand some people buy fish at the LFS & simply float them for a small period & then release them to join their new tank mates in their 'show' tank, but IMO it's a disaster waiting to happen. Having read a few hundred posts by people who have done just that, then shortly after lost the better part of the fish in their 'show' tank (or all of them), I don't recommend this to anyone.

Neil

I have to agree on this with you, I have always just trusted that the fish i bought were all good and so I have always just flaoted and then released will this time it was the worst thing I could've ever done. Pick up some fish in calgary from an unsaid store and brought them home put them into my tank and awala the next day I had the worst case of ICK I have ever seen on cichlids I now exactly which fish it came from too, was I ever p*ssed :cuss: . I have trusted that store forever luckly I didnt end up with anything worse as ick is easy to cure but still it was the hassle of having to deal with it :grr: . I from now on will have a QT tank to put the new fish into.

Jenn

Its not the fishs fault tho, its the stress, especially if the store just got them in from a shipment, thats one REALLY stressful experience, then getting bagged moved and dumped in a new tank is also stressful, so you really need to be carful with this, ive bough fish and brough them on a three hour drive with me and they never got sick, but ive bought fish from a store 5 min away and got ich, its all conditions, filtration and stress, i have several pred fish that wont eat anything but feeders and theyve never had ick, meanwhile fish that only ate pellets and had been established in a tank unchanged for months got ick, so you just need to be careful and having a bottle of stress coat helps alot too