need some ideas

scrubby

What exactly do you want? I mean Datnoids are great and are very slow growing, but do grow very large in a few years.

A large leaf fish tank would be beautiful, but would be better as a species tank. I would recomend red tail barracuda's they don't get very large but are really fast. Remember some of these fish require live food witch can become very costly.

looking for one large fish or a couple smaller fish .... my tanks 110g

you can buy my cobra snakeheads off me. Coolest fish I've ever owned but I dont have the space for them.

they are approx. 7 inches and very entertaining . i'd part with them for 100 for the pair

Hello Scrubby,

There are a great many things you could do with a tank that size. Just think of your kind of style when it comes to aquariums, are you into communities, species only, predators, catfishes, planted tanks... Personally, all of my tanks are Biotope (well, the ones that are set up, I have another 2 in planning). With a tank that size, you can do many different scenarios in each tank type. A biotope from just about any country (which have differing ecosystems to choose from), a huge community with hundreds of species to choose from, a tank with just a few big predators or catfishes, or a blooming planted tank with just a few janitor fish to keep the place looking clean.

For example... You could do a big Yangtze River Biotope. With a bunch of Goldfish (the natural variety- maybe 5), a bunch of Weather Loaches (like 8 maybe) and add a whack of Paradise Fish too, I don't know if you could maybe fit in a Chinese Hi-fin Banded Shark or not. Add some driftwood and plants (I guess you would have to cheat a little bit with the plants, Chinese Biotope plants are likely hard to come by), and the tank will look amazing!

So what sort of personality do your aquariums have already? If we know this, we can single out the perfect setup for you.

Hope I'm helping out,

Taylor

you can buy my cobra snakeheads off me. Coolest fish I've ever owned but I dont have the space for them.

they are approx. 7 inches and very entertaining . i'd part with them for 100 for the pair

You have them listed for $30 in the buy/sell forum :o