ray update

windeindoiel

Ok well first of all here are my little leo babies, who all made it just fine and are growing up nicely.

post-545-1187578585_thumb.jpgpost-545-1187578613_thumb.jpg

Also one of the females gave birth to two pups, unfortunately she did it while we were on holiday for a week and one of the pups didn't make it.

This is the dad:

post-545-1187578495_thumb.jpg

This is the mom, her pattern appears kind of runny where she scarred over, the male beat her up really badly before we seperated them.

post-545-1187578529_thumb.jpg

This is the baby, he's about 3":

post-545-1187578339_thumb.jpgpost-545-1187578398_thumb.jpg

This is our big female marbled motoro, she has some bite marks on her so the male has been trying to mate, I can't wait for her to have pups they'll be gorgeous.

post-545-1187578675_thumb.jpg

And this is our new little male motoro who we can't wait to breed with the female marbled.

post-545-1187578444_thumb.jpg

Beautifull Rays, I can only dream. I do have a large pair of motoro's 12-14" male and female,and a 8" male as well i'd love to own a Leo but they are a little out of my price range. I do like to see we are using the same substrate i'll try to post som pictures.

post-1948-1187646074_thumb.jpg

post-1948-1187646921_thumb.jpg

post-1948-1187648586_thumb.jpg

post-1948-1187648595_thumb.jpg

post-1948-1187648603_thumb.jpg

Edited by CORVETTE

Thanks everyone, it's exciting having a baby ray. Now if only the leo's were big enough to breed...

Nice rays Corvette. Before we set up the tank we did lots of research and everyone told us to use estes sand, so we did. It's worked out great, I definately prefer the black though, I think it displays them so much better. Have your rays tried mating at all? Our male and female are probably only about a foot. Oh and nice dat, I think they're very cool.

I haven't seen any mating like behavior but they seem to get along pretty well, he shows his dominance by laying on top of her once and a while but that seems to be it. I'll keep watch plus i'm fattening them up a little right now. I'd love to have young rays. I' just don't know if i could let any of them go..LoL. eventually i would like to trade young or older ray's to help out blood lines and keep captive rays producing good offspring. I really would be interested in youg leo's as well i hope you have good luck with yours.

Tim, maybe we'll have baby marbleds soon, as the male has been chewing on the female. It'll be nice when the little male is old enough to mate, I think him and the marbled female will make some absolutely gorgeous babies.

Corvette, yes having a baby ray is awesome, hopefully yours will be getting frisky soon, it's exciting. And yes I hope the leo's reach maturity soon, having a baby motoro really makes me want baby leos.

What Beautiful Rays!!

Congrats on the baby Windeindoiel!!

Seeing those pics I am really thinking of switching to the black!

They look awesome!!

• 2 weeks later...