Ptychochromis Nossibeensis

rudy

No pics at this point. The fish are in my work tank and I am to lazy to bring the camera. Maybe tommorow.

Good news is I don't think there is many eggs not fertilized. There are hundreds.

What Rudy means to say is that he is going to share with everybody

Only if they are big enough to eat the rift lake vermin in all of your tanks Dunl :shock:

Actually I would have no issues giving fry to anybody who wants them.

I am really quite quite confused in all honesty. I don't have a lot of experience breeding mads, but I will give you the run down on what happened.

3 in the tank. One significantly larger that I always thought was the male. Two smaller I was hoping were females. All three seemed to have a part in the egg laying, however I am not quite sure who laid the eggs. It was either the large one laying and the small ones taking turns (seriously) fertilizing them, or the small ones taking turns laying, while the larger (male?) fertilized them. Regardless the two smaller ones are no longer near the eggs and from the looks of it can't get within a foot of the batch. The large one is defending the eggs quite vigarously.

I still can't figure out what is going on.

I am looking for a Madagascar guru to help me figure out what is going on.

Rudy, start a thread in the Lake Victoria and Madagascar forum on Cichlid-Forum.com, or PM "Zeb"......I mentioned you were looking for some help.

Of if you aren't a member there and don't want to register, ask me your questions and I'll send them to him.

Dunl