Filter for tiny tank

EowynJane

Anyone know where I can find a filter suitable for a 2.5 gallon tank? I had a set up given to me but when I checked on line I found that the filter it came with was rated for up to a 10 gallon tank! It's a little strong for the 2.5. I've checked Big Al's and Petsmart on the south side and they didn't have any, so before I go running all over town does anyone tell me where I can find one?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Elite Mini. (suitable for 1-3 gallons of water) It's just a small box filter with a sponge that I move around between tanks...... it's adjustable too. Petland sells them.

Edited by Stacey

I have a Whisper second nature filter that has an adjustable flow right down to zero flow.

They don't have it listed on their website.

http://www.petland.ca/FindPetlandStores/Alberta.htm

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. I've made a list of places to go and filters to look at and I'll let you guys know how it goes! I don't plan on baby fish, I just wanted something adjustable and suited for a 2.5. I won't be able to go out until early next week unfortunately.

Duff - If I go to Aquagiant (I probably will), I will definitely PM you and let you know what I think. And I thought the old Centenial Mall became Medowlark, or am I mistaken? You're right, there is a Superpet in Mayfield Common but last I saw it was still in the process of closing. Doesn't matter, I'll actually be in Mayfield Common tonight so I'll drive by and check. I'd rather not buy anything there though.