Ropefish

Guest FLIP

I got a ropefish from my Dad's friend and I was wondering what kind of foods can I feed it? It's still small and can't evern eat my amano shrimp which I have to move as well as my frog.

love those guys!

You can try small cut up pieces of shrimp, or the mysis, anything meaty really.

Try some blodworms.

When my friends got bigger, I used to cut up some earthworms for hers when I cut up earthworms for my rays...

They also like friends..

Oh and they are EXCELLENT escape artists!

Keep a tight lid or if you have a cat, they might get a meal!

I got a ropefish from my Dad's friend and I was wondering what kind of foods can I feed it? It's still small and can't evern eat my amano shrimp which I have to move as well as my frog.

Are you sure you have room in your tanks to be constantly adding new tank mates? Ropefish can grow to over 2' long and are happiest when kept in groups. It will try to eat anything that can fit in it's mouth and will succeed IF it manages to survive and grow in your tank. Try it on Tubifex, if it can outcompete the rest of your fish to get some.

Boourns I actually have a very empty tank now unfortunately both my glass cats died with no sign of stress or desease. All I have now in the tank is:

-a clown loach

-ropefish

-one bleeding heart tetra

-stiped rephael

-common pleco

-clown pleco

-synodontis feather-fin

-one emerald cory

-2 amanos

-ADF

The raphael and plecos are rarely seen and there only a couple hiding places even when every fish is visable the tank looks very empty. I will be moving the shrimp and the frog. I will also be getting a bigger tank in the next year because of the clown loach and now the feather-fin and rope fish. The feather-fin will probably have to find a new home because none of the books or websites we correct on it's size I saw one at aquarium illusionists that was over a foot and a half long and very fat.

I was trying to take out the ropefish to measure it and when I had it in my hand it opened it's mouth and tried to stike me like a real snake it was awesome it had a big mouth but not big enough for my amano shrimp.

BTW, how much does tubifex and blood worms cost?

I just measured it and it's about 9" long and is very skinny. It's now my favorite fish I'd say when I put it on the ruler it moved exactly like a snake. LOL I should add that my mom was against me getting a real snake lol.