Ropefish

Guest FLIP

I would imagine ropefish would happily bite if they had the need. In last months tropical fish hobbyist they had a good article on ropefish, might be worth a look for you.

Definately cover your tank... like seriously. I've lost so many of these guys because I think I have them safely contained, but I'm wrong. Two of them managed to fit through a hole half the size of them and get into my sump, where they broke their necks in the protein skimmer of death (don't ask why we were running it on freshwater, because I don't know). All three that live in the 200 gallon have ended up in the overflow, which is covered with a grate so I could just stick them back in the main tank. Also when Lyder was younger he had one that he was always finding on his bedroom floor.

Boourns I actually have a very empty tank now unfortunately both my glass cats died with no sign of stress or desease. All I have now in the tank is:

-a clown loach

-ropefish

-one bleeding heart tetra

-stiped rephael

-common pleco

-clown pleco

-synodontis feather-fin

-one emerald cory

-2 amanos

-ADF

BTW, how much does tubifex and blood worms cost?

WOW, that's quite the load of bottom dwellers all in a 33! I personally wouldn't want those fun and playful cory cats or clown loaches with something like a rope fish, but that's just my own opinion.

The last time I bought blood worms (freeze dried) I paid $5.25 for a 10ml/9g container. This was at G & E pharmacy where prices are cheaper, but there isn't a lot of variety.

I don't think the tubifex worms (freeze dried) are overly expensive either. The tubifex I have are the squares that you press onto your aquarium glass and the fish pick at. I find that the fish generally tear them away and the whole muck of a square then floats at the top of the tank. It is more money if you choose to buy the froozen packages and even more expensive for the frozen cubes.

I generally prefer the frozen worms over the freezed dried ones.

If you choose frozen, hopefully your mother won't object to sharing her freezer space with the stuff. While it doesn't bother me to share freezer space with the worms, those mice my husband has for his snake totally gross me out!

GOod Luck.

Edited by nicolalex

• 3 weeks later...
I just noticed there was a huge gap around my filter uncovered and the ropefish never tried to escape.

Yet!!!! Cover it just to be on the safe side.

• 2 weeks later...