Glass tops

FishManTy

Hey guys, sorta a stupid question, but my 90gallon finally got in today, and my glass tops are different from my others. They are ... "Textured" lets say... sorta a ripply look like you would see on a shower glass... Should the smooth side point towards the lights or towards the water?? Does it matter? Im thinking Flat side up, but I really have no clue..

Thanks!

Ok, I cut my fingers 3 times... now the glass is all bloody, and I've only connected the plastic to one piece of glass. 5 more to go! ugh!!!!! Know any techniques? Like lipbalm? would that help it slide so I don't cut myself again (Also got my wrist on the glass too... Im a wreck). It refuses to slide on, and I can't force it in. My last set was never close to this difficult!!!

oooowwwwww I'm a mess.

I would suggest getting something to file down the glass edges. I beleive there is a sand paper made for sanding glass. Not sure, i've always just used my stained glass grinder. I would be careful though. I wouldnt' keep trying to get that plastic on wihtout sanding it first.

I also have the bumpy glass tops. does anyone know why they are wavy? whats the point of the waves? What do they do different then the plain glass tops?

ps: I also put mine flat side up :)

Well I got the plastic on. LipChap is amazing

I didn't bother sanding them down, and Im Glad I didn't. They are 2 inches too small... Arg!!I think they forgot that you lose 1cm on each connect (Cause the glass slides in the plastic.) Gotta see If I can get them replaced.

My new 90 Gallon looks great though!

Well I got the plastic on. LipChap is amazing

I didn't bother sanding them down, and Im Glad I didn't. They are 2 inches too small... Arg!!I think they forgot that you lose 1cm on each connect (Cause the glass slides in the plastic.) Gotta see If I can get them replaced.

My new 90 Gallon looks great though!

hope that is not a planted tank with textured or wavy type glass tops. Would certainly not help get light to the plants. Sharp edges can be sanded with rough sandpaper. Will dull the edge enough to make it safe.

Rick