So, I've moved my fry to the larger tank and!

BlackMumba

So, 5 1/2 week old fry needed to be moved to the larger 10 gal tank... So, one by one I moved them in total I counted 78 fry. I also noted their finnage and I am so excited, but I have DTHM fry ( DoubleTail Halfmoon's!! ) ... yeah!

I knew the mom had DT in her, but wasn't sure if the father did, he must have to have about 5 DT the rest all look HM hard to tell at this point. They aren't fully developed yet but soon... yeah!!

Now the big test will they all survive the move to the larger tank. Hopefully, YES !

:thumbs:

i almost had her jump out of the tank when i went to feed her today. I've moved her into the same tank as my male (divided by a glass container open on both ends). If he didn't move so darn fast I would have some good flare pictures. And she's coloring up quite nicely. Can't wait to hear updates about your DTHMs!!!

i almost had her jump out of the tank when i went to feed her today. I've moved her into the same tank as my male (divided by a glass container open on both ends). If he didn't move so darn fast I would have some good flare pictures. And she's coloring up quite nicely. Can't wait to hear updates about your DTHMs!!!

Oh, oops okay so you do have them divided okay... hahah ignore my other post about having them divided.. should have read this post first lol

Yeah, the move went well, I don't think I have lost any.. I can't wait to see what they are going to color up to be, quite exciting, I also have about 8 black male and copper female mate I have 2 1/2 week old fry !!

I know duff's wife will be excited she is looking for black's ... I am working hard on getting this strain of color.. so hopefully!! I won't expect any DT With these ones I don't know the parentage but nevertheless I have seen this color combination before, and they are extremely beautiful, you get a black betta with gold trim... I am hoping this is the color variation I am about to get... :) they are super tiny about the size of the end of a pen... super hard to see !!

Fry are so delicate up until 6 weeks.... I have lost my pure black strain a month ago, which was heart breaking... but I lived and learned what Not to do lol

Good luck!! with your breeding keep me updated!

Edited by BlackMumba