Black arowana

t-man

This is my black aro and he is about 26 to 28 inches now. He is in a 230 gallon and eats pellets,feeders,krill and raw shrimp. Almost forgot, I bought him when he was black and yellow and about 3 inches long.

Edited by t-man

Awesome looking fish.

I am in love with him!

I have always wanted a black, but when the time came for me to buy an arrow, all I could get was my silver!

What kind of pellets do you feed him?

I dump almost a whole bag when I feed mine and he is not as big as yours!

Beautiful fish!

I love getting my arrow to eat a whole shrimp out of my hand, but when he goes to grab the shrimp I drop it cause I am scared of him!

Cool stuff, arowana's are crazy fish..what's the setup it's in like?

He is in my 230 gallon for now and should be in his 450 gallon in a months time. As you can see I am in dire need for a bigger tank. I have so many big fish and don't want to get rid of any.

I am in love with him!

I have always wanted a black, but when the time came for me to buy an arrow, all I could get was my silver!

What kind of pellets do you feed him?

I dump almost a whole bag when I feed mine and he is not as big as yours!

Beautiful fish!

I love getting my arrow to eat a whole shrimp out of my hand, but when he goes to grab the shrimp I drop it cause I am scared of him!

He eats Hikari and New life spectrum. Since I added my PeacockBass to the tank he doesn't get as many pellets as he did before. The peas are pigs and very fast at getting to the pellets first. So a couple times a week I feed my aro a smelt.My aro is very shy and doesn't like all the action in the tank.

• 2 months later...