breeding demasoni

captinstabbin

:unsure: If anyone could please give some advise as what I should do with the female demasoni's. They are holding eggs & I've isolated them in a seperate tank.Now seeing that the eggs are in the mouth,does that mean that they've already been fertilized & there's no need for the male? any feedback would be great as this is the first time I've had cichlids breed & am clueless

If she has eggs in her mouth they are probably fertilized. If they havent' been she will swallow them in a couple days.

As for what you do now that you have a holding female. If you want to raise the fry then i would seperate the females from the main tank. After about 21-28 days your female shoudl spit out the fry. When this happens you want to remove the female, she could possibly eat the fry. Theny ou are left with a bunch of tiny fry in your fry tank. Feed them a couple times per day(i feed my newly spit fry about 4 times) with frozen BBS, cyclops or flakes(crushed to a fine powder). I feed my fry using a eye dropper,makes it easier to get the food to the fry and makes it less messy. Do water changes every couple days and you fry will quickly grow.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...