150 gallon fish selection

fatpuffer

Okay...I am trying to decide what will go in my future 150 gallon (5x2x2ft.). I inquired about one motoro stingray and I was informed that he will be okay in that tank. Currently the stingray is maybe 6-7 inch in diameter.

The tank will have a thin layer of black sand and one or two medium/large pieces of driftwood in the back. The front will be kept open. The filters will be an FX5 for biological and fluval 404 and xp3 for mechanical filtration.

So right now I am thinking of putting:

1 x motoro stingray

1 x EBJD (7-8 inches TL)

1 x Heros notatus or WC Green severum

1 x polypterus senegalus (8 inches)

2 x purple spotted gudgeon (3 inches and 4 inches one is very FAT!)

1 x male honduran red point (3 inches)

Should I put any BNPs? A school of some sort of tetra or barb?

Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated. If it is too much...what would you suggest?

Jonah

Okay...I am trying to decide what will go in my future 150 gallon (5x2x2ft.). I inquired about one motoro stingray and I was informed that he will be okay in that tank. Currently the stingray is maybe 6-7 inch in diameter.

The tank will have a thin layer of black sand and one or two medium/large pieces of driftwood in the back. The front will be kept open. The filters will be an FX5 for biological and fluval 404 and xp3 for mechanical filtration.

So right now I am thinking of putting:

1 x motoro stingray

1 x EBJD (7-8 inches TL)

1 x Heros notatus or WC Green severum

1 x polypterus senegalus (8 inches)

2 x purple spotted gudgeon (3 inches and 4 inches one is very FAT!)

1 x male honduran red point (3 inches)

Should I put any BNPs? A school of some sort of tetra or barb?

Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated. If it is too much...what would you suggest?

Jonah

If you want to put some barbs or tetras in, I'd go with some larger ones like congo tetras or denisoni barbs

A 2' wide is not going to be large enough for motoro for life - most guys recommend at least 30" wide, with many even going so far as to recommend 48" wide as long-term minimum width for a motoro. Your gudgeons would be a midnight snack for your motoro. I've found that any fish that sleeps close to the bottom or on the bottom is gone with them - Bala sharks slept on the bottom in my tank, and were slowly picked off, even when the motoro's were well fed that night, and yet my cigar sharks sleeping midwater and starting off the same size as the bala's have been fine from day one.