trying to breed Dovii

Parachromis1

hi guys and gals,

i need a little bit of help/ advice here.

i have a pair of dovii that have never bred yet have lived together

for over a year now with some agression.

they are in a 5ft 120 gallon.

the male is about 20" and the female 9".

the female is the daughter of the male as the original female died

to a nasty bacterial infection.

i have an aquaclear 110 and a fluval 405 for filtration.

temp is around 80 degrees but i cant get them to breed.

help me out!!

thanks,

Quinn

can you post a picture of your "20 inch" dovii....

If the female is gravid.. do a 25-30% water change and turn up your temperature 82+...

there is not sufficient space in a 5foot,120gallon for a 20inch dovi... and there is definetly not sufficient space for a pair to successfully breed.

Is there an appropriate amount of refuge for the female to hide, when the "20inch" male gets to aggressive???

please post picture.....I wanna see a 20"dovi in captivity

If the female is gravid.. do a 25-30% water change and turn up your temperature 82+...

there is not sufficient space in a 5foot,120gallon for a 20inch dovi... and there is definetly not sufficient space for a pair to successfully breed.

Is there an appropriate amount of refuge for the female to hide, when the "20inch" male gets to aggressive???

lol i shall post a pic soon, the female has hiding spots and i do almost 2 water changes a week.

she isnt gravid although she has agressive tendencies towards the male.

i bred my make at about 15" in 75 so i dont think tank space is an issue.

my male is weird i bought a 215 for him and all he did was stick to one side of the

tank for more than a month so i finally got him outta there.

Quinn

lol i shall post a pic soon, the female has hiding spots and i do almost 2 water changes a week.

she isnt gravid although she has agressive tendencies towards the male.

i bred my make at about 15" in 75 so i dont think tank space is an issue.

my male is weird i bought a 215 for him and all he did was stick to one side of the

tank for more than a month so i finally got him outta there.

Quinn

still waitin for the pics?

Yes a 20 inch Dovii does sound impressive looking forward to seeing a pic or two--used to breed Dovii's about 15 years ago found them to be very easy your 20 inch male might be to big for the little female mine started breeding at 6 inches and were as prolific as convicts

give me your email and ill send you a pic. i took him out and measured him hes actually 18.75" a little bit smaller

Just upload the pics on something photobucket so we call all see them I would like to see them too.

Sorry Quinn I can not help you with your breeding problem other than the fact that you have a lot of aggressive fish in that thank so the fry could get eaten before you even know that they are there.

Nice tank I would love to be able to see it in person.

Sorry Quinn I can not help you with your breeding problem other than the fact that you have a lot of aggressive fish in that thank so the fry could get eaten before you even know that they are there.

Nice tank I would love to be able to see it in person.

thanks guys. you should come check it out someday.

and ill post more pics soon..

Quinn