Help Please!

Hilary

Hello!

I just noticed that one of my black phantom tetras has something sticking out of her stomach. I've never seen anything like it, it pretty much looks like she has fibre optics sticking out of her side. This tetra has been looking fat (and increasingly so) for a couple months now. I kind of assumed she was eggbound but I'm thinking I might have been wrong. I've attached a picture since I am having trouble describing what it looks like. The rest of my fish look healthy. If anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong with her I'd very much appreciate the help.

Tank Parameters

Temperature 80ºF

pH 6.8

Ammonia 0ppm

Nitrite 0ppm

Nitrate 0-5ppm

65 gallon tank (36"L x 18"W x 24"H)

Fish

5 Black phantom tetras

2 L204 plecos

4 Bronze cory cats

2 Angelfish

post-2772-1195603785_thumb.jpg

I thought callamanus was red, please correct me if I'm wrong. I think it looks more like fungus today, its thicker and is definately coming out of a hole in her stomach. There is another one starting higher up on her other side as well. Do you think I should be quarentining her? She is still trying to eat with the rest of the fish.

I believe it was a rupture caused by camallanus, my Guppies had this happen I thought they at first were holding to long cause they were prego's but then my male got it and died too.. I finally noticed after the worms from the anal vent ...

Sorry for your loss but if you can make sure you get a treatment for the other fish, observing them close for camallanus if one has had it then all will or do.