Back in Business

arixonbarnes

I did the tropical fish tank for about 22 or so years getting up to a 50 gal and a ten gal tank. Then kids, camping etc caused me to shut it down in about 1980 and I got rid of everything (or so I thought). Well! I'm retired now and two years ago guess what I found in my attic - a 13, 19, 5.5 and 3 gal tank. I started off trying to design my own guppy and am on the 4th generation. I've branched out into swordtails, platies, girardinus falcatus, ameca splendens and endlers as well as angels, blue gularis, golden pheasants, bettas, sparkling gouramis, and guppy/endler hybrids. Oh yes! I have also added another 30 tanks of which 21 are running right now. I live in Spruce Grove and have joined A.C.E. which is the descendent of the Edmonton Tropical Fish Society which I belonged to in 1958.

I think I am proof of the adage that there is no fool like an old fool as I have learned many things the hard way in the past two years. However I am learning from my experiences and hopefully will never make the same mistake twice.

• 2 weeks later...