Merry Christmas to Me

Albertan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How big is he now? He's turned into a real beast!

About 6.5" as best I can tell. He's freaking huge considering I picked him up from Petland only three months ago. I should take my camera there one day and take a picture of his sibling that someone bought and then returned...not even half the size. I want to keep him in the 21g if possible until I move in May/June then post pictures on MFK and let the flames begin when I tell them what size tank the fish is in. :boxer:

• 6 months later...

Not a very good photo, but I happened to snap a pic today with my daughters digital camera while he was in a tank waiting for my D.I.Y. shelves to be completed. I measured him out of water and he's up to 9.5". Great fish. I feed him by hand as remarkable as that seems. I think I'll find a lady for him once the dust settles from the shelving. Cheers.

391801561_fBciU-X2.jpg

PS. I updated the post above with all the previous pics in it.

• 2 months later...

It's funny how appropriate the title of this thread is. Last year at Christmas time I picked up what turned out to be a beautiful male Red Devil from Petland. I've been thinking about finding a female for him for awhile now. On Christmas Eve I went into the other local petshop and low and behold there was a female Red Devil that someone had traded in. I ran to Home Depot and picked up some eggcrate and brought the female home the next day. She wasn't in the tank five minutes before she swam through the holes I made (that only she could fit through). I watched carefully and Captain Insaino seemed alright but I put her back on her side and placed more eggcrate over the holes. The next day I went out into the garage to find her back on his side and still alive so I decided to remove the eggcrate. All seems to be going well, and judging by the the size of her ovipositor I think I am going to have RD fry by the end of the month. Well I guess this is a picture thread. Captain Insaino is 11" now. :smokey:

448310265_gjpbQ-L.jpg

448310258_B55fh-L.jpg

448310273_ukutQ-L.jpg

448310284_boerT-L.jpg

448310287_oBQSg-L.jpg

448310294_jp5Ba-L.jpg

Edited by Albertan