Can you keep African Dwarf Frogs with bettas?

fishprincess

I've been looking at a lot of betta websites. Most of them said that ADF's made good tankmates. My male betta is a bit lonely. Should I give him a froggy friend?

Thanks!

fishprincess

Again depends on the Betta, I had a dwarf frog, and I had to remove him... betta wouldn't leave him alone...

I wouldn't be too concerned with a betta's lonlyness, they do just fine with your company, they are very personable fish, you can train them to do tricks, as well as interact with the by showing them a colorful object and they flare at it, puff up to be the big man on campus etc...

I have a betta on my desk at work, for entertainment I show him the end of a pen, he circles at it, flares at it, dances for it... even the colorful package of the food container works anything colorful.

Betta's are solitary fish not schooling, they don't mind being alone, if once and awhile a Mysterious PEN appears in his territory so he can show him who owns this gal of water... the pen disappears after a vicious attack unharmed, the betta feels like he is a god of his gal of water, and you get a fantastic chuckle... the betta carries on being the viglant centry of his tank, ever watchful of the vicious pen head... !!!

The attack of the Pen head will return!!! lol

I've been looking at a lot of betta websites. Most of them said that ADF's made good tankmates. My male betta is a bit lonely. Should I give him a froggy friend?

Thanks!

fishprincess

Again depends on the Betta, I had a dwarf frog, and I had to remove him... betta wouldn't leave him alone...

I wouldn't be too concerned with a betta's lonlyness, they do just fine with your company, they are very personable fish, you can train them to do tricks, as well as interact with the by showing them a colorful object and they flare at it, puff up to be the big man on campus etc...

I have a betta on my desk at work, for entertainment I show him the end of a pen, he circles at it, flares at it, dances for it... even the colorful package of the food container works anything colorful.

Betta's are solitary fish not schooling, they don't mind being alone, if once and awhile a Mysterious PEN appears in his territory so he can show him who owns this gal of water... the pen disappears after a vicious attack unharmed, the betta feels like he is a god of his gal of water, and you get a fantastic chuckle... the betta carries on being the viglant centry of his tank, ever watchful of the vicious pen head... !!!

The attack of the Pen head will return!!! lol

Hi BlackMumba:

My betta does that exact same thing when I show him a pencil or a candy bar! Wacky huh?

Thanks!

fishprincess