Styrofoam under tanks

RD.

MDF absorbs water very easily. So if you spill some water when doing water changes the MDF will absorb it and warp.

If you coat the MDF with varnish(I can't remember exactly what I used maybe it was laquer) then it will be water proof and you can use it.

Makes sence .... Thank you...

When you think about this even plywood will warp or expand with water.... a protective coating seems like good advice for either..

MDF absorbs water very easily. So if you spill some water when doing water changes the MDF will absorb it and warp.

If you coat the MDF with varnish(I can't remember exactly what I used maybe it was laquer) then it will be water proof and you can use it.

Makes sence .... Thank you...

When you think about this even plywood will warp or expand with water.... a protective coating seems like good advice for either..

Plywood does not expend as much but a coat of paint certainly wont hurt. I would not worry too much if the plywood isn't level as long as the frame underneath it is. It does not require much weight on it for it to level out.

I wouldn't worry about it warping as much as it expanding. I wouldn't recommend Lacquer for sealing it either unless going with a good quality two component, exterior varnish should be fine also. I would just use plywood as it is way more stable and stronger for use around fish tanks

I would not worry too much if the plywood isn't level as long as the frame underneath it is. It does not require much weight on it for it to level out.

ditto

I would just use plywood as it is way more stable and stronger for use around fish tanks

... and ditto

I would not worry too much if the plywood isn't level as long as the frame underneath it is. It does not require much weight on it for it to level out.

ditto

I would just use plywood as it is way more stable and stronger for use around fish tanks

... and ditto

Thanks for the advice.... plywood it will be