vantgE

okay heres what imma thinkin

4 maylandia lombardoi

4 labidochromis caeruleus

4 pseodthropheus elongatus

4 melanchromis johanni or melanochromis cyaneorhabdos/maingano

1 nimbochromis venustus

4 syno petricola :D

90 gallon tank with fluval 403 (and maybe aquaclear 200)

so anyone have comments :huh:

the tanks in it second week of cycleing so i'm not ready to buy yet, but anyone who wants to sell me something can ;)

IMO you should leave the Venustus out of the mix. In order for your mix to work in a tank that size, you're going to need a lot of rock work. Your tank 'footprint' equals a 75 gallon tank (48 x 18) so the extra height doesn't help much with Mbuna, unless you take the rock work higher. Metriaclima lombardoi can be a handful in a 4 ft tank (including the females) and if you load the tank with some serious rock work your Venustus will be VERY cramped as he matures. (I'm assuming you want a male?) If so, I hope you realize the males can reach 8-10" in an aquarium. Also, the majority of your species on that list are herbivores, Venustus are omnivores, and will require more protein in their diet.

Here's one that's nearly 11 inches long.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/n_venustus.php

The venustus was one of my first fish along with one lombardoi and two yellow labs, i didn't really know anything about the fish then and since i already have them and am very attached plan to keep them, i have recieved help on this on two forums and they say keeping the venustus can be possible just depends on the inividual fish if i have problems though i understand i will have to give him away